Project Somewhere

 


I absolutely had a blast with this project as I really put far more attention to trying to blend in with the background. I chose this background/ image mainly because I love video games, a whole lot. My favorite game which is infamous at the moment in the community is the Last of Us part 2, which upset many fans due to ending. I chose this particular scene as the whole game is in nothing but chaos and darkness, this image is one of the brightest images I was able to find. This image shows a bit of respite considering the world the people live in and I love the main character Ellie as she is complex with a soft side in terms of music. Finding peace in this world is hard to find and this image shows a humane side of her.

This was actually quite challenging as the easiest way to start would be to have ample lighting in the image you want to impose onto another. The tree I placed myself in the final image has sharp yellow like lighting and unfortunately due to the weather outside and sun's location it was hard to get the right lighting. I used heavy editing to equal out the colors and lighting by using a filter for illumination and Hue/Saturations to see the colors of the image to equal out myself to match the said image. I was too "blue" for the yellow and red image I wanted to insert myself into, so I "warmed" myself up and did a bit of edging along with shading for the tree and the ground to finish the whole thing off.


I am overall very happy that this turned out as well as I hoped it would. Photoshop for me for a long time was a very daunting and overwhelming program that I just didn't understand. Know that I know some of the basics I can not create many works of art with relative ease wit h this level of understanding.

Comments

Popular Posts