Self Portrait/Propaganda Poster

 



This is the first piece I had to make before the edit of the poster. I did struggle a bit as when you use the pen tool to create the lines its always square and uniform basically which made the image a bit creepy in my opinion. I finally was able to figure out the stroke of the lines and used the tapered end round which gives the image more life and realistic tones to it. I am very pleased this came out so well as i mainly draw anime style art along with creation new original designs. I don't feel comfortable creating a self portrait as I do not have much confidence in myself, but I am very happy on how well this whole project came together.





I chose this style and theme mainly due to how some people in the workforce feel within their company. Many people in the workforce are stressed and suffer from anxiety but are forced to basically become happy puppets with a smile regardless of how rude that individual is that they are serving. Some workers do not mind putting up that happy front as they may genuinely love their position, while others are forced to hide their real pain behind that mask. Many of us are easily replaceable, as why we are given ID numbers when we go to work, hence why there is a number on the name tag.


I most definitely enjoyed this project and it didn't take me as long as the previous works ive done. I used the Adobe Illustrator again for this artwork and honestly I feel that this is the best work I have done. My inspiration for this art style was a mix of Pop art and comic style without the half tone filter as I feel that would have added too much black within the piece. 











Comments

Popular Posts